Friday, December 16, 2011

More Big Changes in 2012

Just found out that my soon to be 87 year old grandmother is out of money. It's so sad. She has to move in with my parents in Hawaii (she hates Hawaii, prefers the desert) and leave all her possessions behind. My parents have to build her a special room with ADA bathroom downstairs for her as all the showers are upstairs and she can't manage the stairs. That's going to take at least three months. In the meantime she has to stay upstairs. It's going to cost a lot of money that my parents didn't anticipate spending now, and none of my uncles are helping. Selfish... I'm thrilled my beloved grandmother has somewhere to go. I'm pissed at my uncles for not helping. And I'm a little sad that my parents probably won't be able to come out for the birth this summer now. I totally understand and I know we will be okay, just sort of bitter sweet. I hope it all works out and the chaos settles quickly. Just a shock. We all thought she had more income. But apparently the last stock market crash really wiped her out. She's probably got another ten years. I hope she can enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment