Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Advice for the Overwhelmed - My 2¢ as a person that was morbidly obese...

So you want to lose weight. But you just don't know how to start, or where to go? Maybe starting a new program, or signing up for a year of workouts seems overwhelming, or it  also sounds HARD! Maybe you don't think you're ready for it... Not YET...

That's TOTALLY OKAY and it's TOTALLY NORMAL!!!!!

My 2¢ as a person that was morbidly obese... TAKE BABY STEPS for sure.

TOP 3 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW!
1) START WALKING. I encourage folks to get a pedometer, perhaps join my step challenge, or my Ladies MFP support group. Depending on your condition, step goals probably should be like 1 mile a day and we build off that.

2) START A FOOD DIARY. Myfitnesspal is excellent and free. Connect with me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/bwarsh73 
3) DRINK MORE WATER. 1/2 body weight is the goal in ounces. But with baby steps, do 8 cups a day to start with.
I strongly encourage you to meet with a Registered Dietitian to help with getting your eating set up correctly.

Most people set up mfp incorrectly. Try setting yours up for 1/2 lb loss a week. Note, that would be 26 lbs in a year, which is brilliant. You will have to eat more then you think you'll need. Working with a dietitian and/or setting up mfp correctly makes a huge difference.

If you're trying to eat 1200 cal or less a day you may not lose. When I weighed 288 lbs I had to eat around 2000-2400 calories a day. BUT every time I lost 10 lbs, mfp dropped how many calories I could eat. Don't Panic! Realistic goals will yield you SUCCESS.

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment