Monday, October 31, 2016

Consistency

I get asked about weight loss pills... do they really help you lose weight? NO MAGIC PILLS! N.O.P.E. 

I get asked whether health shakes were my solution to weight loss. Maybe as a good kick-start, if only for a short time, while I was getting used to getting back on the dieting path. But did I lose weight because I had a shake? N.O.P.E.

I was asked what I could suggest to lose weight.

I suggest being CONSISTENT!

Truth time.... make a plan and stick to it. Be consistent.

Shakes alone won't do it. 

Exercising and eating badly won't do it.

Taking a magic weight loss pill won't do it.

CONSISTENCY WILL DO IT!

If you're consistent you'll find success with weight loss. Start and stops will derail you every time.

Do you think you'll eat/drink/use Product-X every day moving forward? If yes, then it's an option. If no... make a different plan.

Before you say... "but you drink health shakes"... well yes... I do, on occasion, but I don't for weight loss, and it never was part of my big loss of over 100 lbs. I didn't start drinking them until after I had lost my weight and was in maintenance mode.

Consistency will win out every time. I consistently log my food. I make choices based on my calorie budget. I meal prep and make sure I have a plan in motion ahead of each week.

I won't get derailed for lunches because I made a weeks worth on Sunday. I won't get derailed for dinner because I made a weeks worth on Sunday.

If you like to grab toast in the morning... keep grabbing toast, but make the toast better for you. A slice of Ezekiel bread is going to take your further than a slice of wonder white.

Look for the complex carbs to enhance your diet. Try to avoid/skip the simple sugars. This will keep your body busy digesting the whole grains and in turn keep you fuller longer. Having foods with higher protein will help keep you fuller longer. You can find protein in MANY plant foods too (for those of you that are vegetarian...

http://bwarsh.blogspot.com/2015/08/carb-talk.html

It's hard because it's overwhelming.

Break it up into smaller bits. For 2 weeks... JUST log your food. Everything. Just stay consistent with logging it. For the next 2 weeks, see where you can make healthier swaps and keep logging it. Then for the next 2 weeks... play with macros... see how you can add more proteins and see how you can jump start/reset your metabolism. Set meal/snack alarms. For breakfast... even if you're not hungry... have something... even a glass of milk would be something. For snack, have a banana. Play with your calories... maybe have more, or less... (not sure where you are starting...), Make mini goals, and when you obtain them, reward yourself... new barrette, new bangle, new ear rings... new something small and pleasant.

Take a step back to move forward.

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.


No comments:

Post a Comment