Thursday, November 16, 2017

WHY I created the MyFitnessPal Ladies Group on Facebook


WHY did you JOIN my group, MyFitnessPal Ladies?

Is it because you use the MFP app? 

Are you a new user? 

A seasoned veteran?

Maybe it’s because you love the ALL LADY aspect of this group?

Maybe it’s the women’s health support?

WHY I CREATED THIS GROUP: I wanted to create a comfortable place for women to BAND TOGETHER while on the journey to become healthy. Be it losing weight, GAINING weight, support with Strength Training, need for new recipes, whatever!

This is a SAFE PLACE for you to feel comfortable to share and support, learn, and more. We focus on GENERAL WOMEN’S HEALTH AND FITNESS and with using MyFitnessPal; including tutorials, tips, tricks, recipes, whatever!

Not everyone here uses this app, and that’s OKAY! Maybe they did at one time, and no longer use it. Maybe they’re curious to see if it’s something they want to try. Maybe they just want to have a place to feel okay to share and ask questions.

What I like to do, when responding to a question is to keep in mind, there is NO RIGHT or WRONG way to achieve our goals. Do I eat 1200 calories a day? G-d no! I have to eat more. That’s what I DO. Doesn’t mean that is what I REQUIRE others to do. It’s NOT A ONE SIZE FITS ALL SOLUTION.

What we DO have in common? We’re ALL WOMEN, and we ALL WANT TO BE HEALTHIER. So, let’s embrace that, and support that, and cheer each other on, wherever we are on our journey to accomplish our goals.

No matter what the reason, I’m sooooooo happy you’re all here.

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

12 comments:

  1. from a member: I love being part of this group. We support each other on our journey and Barbara is so helpful to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a member of this group and it is WONDERFUL! I find it to be a safe and supportive environment- quite a rarity in today's social media landscape. This is due to Barbara's job as admin, which I know firsthand can be a tough job with moments of headache/heartache. Thank you, Barbara, for your hard work.
    Ladies, if you'd like a place to share your healthy journey you should check it out and join us. =)
    ~ Paula Schlotterbeck

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome group! Very supportive and helpful. I am thankful I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I joined Bwarsh's facebook group ladies only my fitness pal, boy am I glad I did so.
    Bwarsh is so informative and super nice and helpful I have received more insight and assistance being in her group for 2 months then the 3 years I was doing mfp alone. It stands to reason that the assistance and support that I have received from her group has helped me in my journey as well as given me some smarter food options I would never have thought of before. I am just glad that I joined the group and will remain in for many years. Hats off to bwarsh and her amazing group

    ReplyDelete
  5. This all-ladies group is the most encouraging place in the world, enabling me to lose 21 pounds just since this year. I cherish the comments and love from others, as we're all struggling with the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best weight loss group I have found because they stress that there is no right or wrong way to reach your fitness goals. Members have a wide range of fitness goals and methods to get there. Some are there to lose a lot, some are there to lose a little, some are there to gain weight and muscle. The group is very supportive. The admin Barbara keeps drama out of the group, which I really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been a member of this group for a while. There is no pressure here! Everyone is very supportive and polite thanks to our wonderful admin Barbara! She has made this my safe space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy this group; i find it inspiring and also motivational to see real time experiences that other ladies have that don't translate on their own within this FitnessPal app itself. Thanks Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this group because of how supportive and open we can ALL be as a women's only group. Bwarsh is very knowledgeable and does an amazing job keeping everyone informed about different issues that arise during our weight loss journeys. I also really appreciate all the work she puts in to keep the group free of direct sales and spam. Thanks Barb!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for creating this safe and supportive space for women to ask questions, share victories, and air frustrations. We’re in this journey together and it helps so much to hear from women all over the world, from all different backgrounds, that we can do this. We are strong and beautiful, and this page is helping us affirm that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to join to help me lose weight I have put on since becoming diabetic, suffer from osteoarthritis,and have an ulcer on my leg. I don't eat that much but can't do a lot of exercise. I am hoping to pick up lots of advice from you all. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete