Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm so old!

Went to a 2 year old birthday party and all the mom and mom's to be were easily 10 years younger than me. I felt ridiculous and well, OLD. None of them knew/know I'm PG. I'm actually friends with the 2 year old's grandmother... who is only 48. She's 48 with three grown daughters and her oldest is the mother of 2 little girls, 1 is 3 days younger than MY dd. I'm only ten years younger than her, and when I'm 48, my children are only going to be 13 and 9. I feel so lonely. Mom's here are soooo much younger, and where I'm originally from (the SF Bay area) mom's are my age.

Doesn't help that I'm "Advanced Maternal Age". Makes me feel like I'm lame for still TTC at this age, and I should be happily and quietly waiting for menopause.

I hate being reminded how old I am, when I'm so young at heart.

I'm such a better mom at 37 then I ever would have been 10 years ago. So, that being said I'm thrilled to be PG again. Annoyed at the party when one of the "new Mom's" was complaining about her 20# baby and the bjorn, and how heavy the baby was, etc. I suggested she try an ergo carrier as the weight distribution was much easier on the back and neck, it's really compact, etc. She just looked at me as if I was from another planet. Then another young mom confirmed what I said and she acted like it was the young mom's idea/suggestion the whole time. Just wanted to thwack her on her forehead.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb! Nice one - more pics of Natalya please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are not old, sweetie. you are like fine wine, better with age :)

    yes! more pics please.

    ReplyDelete