Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Surrounded by miscarriage

Many of the women in my pregnancy due date group are experiencing miscarriages. It's like a plague and it's got me really nervous.

No, I haven't had any bleeding, and yes, I will not let DH anywhere near my cervix (poor honey) and yeah, I still have tightening in my belly, fatigue, and general laziness taking over, but am I still pregnant?

Would I even know if the baby was already gone? Should I stop taking unisom/b6 just to see if I'd throw up? Would throwing up make me feel more confident that I was still PG?

My head's spinning, and am just wondering when this ride will come to an end for me? Hoping so hard that that time will be the end of March, when baby comes home. It's hard to be supportive of others and seek support when all the m/c stories are freaking me out. I want to be there for them, but really, does hearing "I'm so sorry for your loss" or the like at all comforting? It wasn't for me when I lost Alice.

I want to hide in my protective bubble and come out okay. Knowing I have an u/s on Friday gives me a little hope. But even if that scan goes great, I'm not at all out of the woods. It's such a scary time - early pregnancy.

Craig doesn't fully understand why it is that I can not run in the field with Natalya chasing after her kite. He does not understand why I can't help her play on the wii (too tiring to do the dance moves for her), and he doesn't get my lethargy. I'm PG and I'm tired. Why doesn't he get it? Maybe I'm not PG anymore, and I'm just lazy??

Don't know when the fear of potential loss will subside. When can I just relax and know in full confidence that I'm PG and growing this baby???

Questions that remain unanswered.

1 comment:

  1. It is a scary time, and a great time to remember that there are friends here for you if ever you just need to vent ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete