Monday, July 26, 2010

Bad Reactions

I told my parents I was pregnant last night. They were less than thrilled. Now what? I'm devastated.

I don't get it with my folks. Makes no sense to me. Guess it's their problem and if they want any relationship with me and my family they'll come around.

We lost our baby in 2008, it's been 2 years of healing and TTC. I'm ready. The doctors said I was ready. No one is worried about my health, except them perhaps.

It's not like I'm asking them for money or financial support, so I really don't know why they're as upset as they are. Screw them, right?? Seriously, they should be thrilled to be getting another grandchild. They only have 1 right now, and I'm the only one left that can give them more. My brother can't make babies... he's sterile and his wife has no uterus.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' negative reactions! I couldn't imagine giving that kind of good news and getting only negativity in return! I'm sure there's more to it than you're saying here, but I hope they can eventually realize how much of a blessing it is form them to have a grandchild, and for you to have another baby that you obviously wanted very much! If they do not support your decision, then they should at least support you because you are their daughter and that should be reason enough!

    At least your in-laws were ecstatic and hopefully you can lean on them during this time when you need more support. I'm truly sorry that you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for, but that doesn't make your pregnancy any less of a miracle and a blessing!

    Keep up the blogging, I'm sure it will be a great therapy throughout the next 9 months. I keep toying with the idea myself!

    ReplyDelete