Monday, July 19, 2010

We're PREGNANT again EDD 3-23-2011

My temp was still up this cycle, which was kind of weird, so figured, why not, and grabbed one of my 4 CB digi tests that have been staring at me in my nightstand for months.

My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/70859

I POAS. It did NOT take very long to show my result. BFP!!! on the digi at 12 dpo!!! REALLY early for me. I've never tested this early with a BFP even when I was PG before.

After the surprise subsided, I called my OB, and got in the same day for a BETA. I couldn't stop smiling while they stabbed my arm! lol.

Still can't believe it.

As for what we did to get here... many of you already know! You all are GREAT! for the rest... here's a bit about our journey here.

This is my 3rd pregnancy. We recently moved to a new place, much bigger, newer, cleaner, during June/July. We're still in boxes, ugh. I was hopeful that the new home was a sign that now is our turn.

We've been back on the TTC #2 wagon since technically Nov 2009, Craig officially knew about this in Dec. 2009

After starting this cycle, I finally decided to "make the call" and scheduled an RE apt (7/28 ) to discuss infertility and what to do next since I'm not "young" anymore and running out of time. Was thinking I'd probably need to start clomid or something. I've happily cancelled that appointment!!

We've tried "sperm meets the egg plan", instead cups, B6, folic acid, pre-natal vitamins, HOT sex, Blah sex, good timing, lousy timing, sex every day, sex every third day, and on and on.

When we conceived this bean, it was actually Craig's 40th birthday.

Was a memorable night, which I'm hoping is a good sign for us, as “Taly” was also a memorable night, and with Alice (our angel), the conception was more on the Blah side... I was sick, not into it, etc.

So I guess just the right place (awesome NEW home) and timing, etc.

I was very boring on how I told Craig. I stumbled out of bed, with my test, did my thing, had a mini heart attack, then stumbled back over to bed and presented him with the test.

He then as calmly as he could... asked me the probability of a false positive with a digi test. Then it somewhat sunk in and we embraced. A MUCH better reaction then when I told him I was PG last time. That did not go so well, he was actually mad back then.

So with both of us actively trying and finally getting the lovely PG on the test, we're both thrilled, and going through all the emotions together as it should be.

I'm in the "high risk group" at my OB's which means I’m getting extra attention because of how BAD my last pregnancy went.

This is the first time in 3 pregnancies that I've even had a beta test.

So with all of this, I'm extremely hopeful, and terrified. Just need to get through the NT. That's when it all went to hell began last time for us. If we can get there, we'll make our announcements to friends and family in real life.

I’ve had 3 Beta tests, and POAS on 12, 13, 14, 15 dpo, all BFP.
Beta 1 7/13/10 12 dpo 47
Beta 2 7/15/10 14 dpo 125
Beta 3 7/17/10 16 dpo 347!!!

My Dr called today with our number (on a Saturday - who does that??). She said she's very pleased with the results, and can't wait to take a look at our kiddo in 2 weeks. Also said so far looking very viable. Next up, 6 week u/s to be scheduled on Monday. My new chant... what do I have to do today? Just trying to get through each day, each milestone, and see if we get to bring this one home.

Oh, and if you're wondering... EDD... 3-23-11.



No comments:

Post a Comment