Sunday, July 27, 2014

You're Responsible for YOU!!

You know how I have all this extra stretched skin (see my post Skinny In My Skin) apparently I have the same issue on the inside and what looked like hernias on a CT scan were in fact just bunched up skin.

However because we thought I had these hernias we discovered the gall bladder issue and was able to get that fixed before it became a real issue.

But it is scary to be diagnosed with something that needs surgical repair that's not really there. I don't want to have unnecessary surgery. I shutter to think what might had happened if I decided to just do this surgery here in Massena. Even after the massena surgeon knew about then gall stones, she never discussed removing my gall bladder. Frankly she never told me I had gall stones. I found out by accident when my PCP read the CT report over the phone to me.

I'm so happy I got that 2nd opinion and had my surgery in Burlington. Please remember to always be your own advocate. It's your health! Own it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment