Friday, March 13, 2015

HOW TO LOG FOOD, A BEGINNERS GUIDE

Let's talk about food diaries and a little about my fitness pal (which is the food diary app I use).

In the beginning, it does seem like a lot. Set up your goals, how much do you move, how much do you THINK you'll exercise, how many pounds a week should you target to lose....

ACK!


So let's dial it back. That's a LOT to absorb right at the beginning. It IS daunting, right? It was for me, that's for sure.

Toss all that out. Start fresh. Just go in and log your food. That's IT. Don't worry about changing it up yet. Just log it if you eat it. PERIOD!

Keep it simple.

By going in and just logging your food; the good, the bad, and the ugly, you actually ARE accomplishing something amazing!

WHAT?

I'm glad you asked!!!

You're creating a NEW HABIT. A new habit of seeing exactly what is going into your body. Are you mindlessly snacking? Are you at Starbucks and eyeballing that slice of banana bread? Surely that's a good choice, right??? (by the way... NOPE, bad choice...)

If you begin every meal, snack, drink by opening up your food diary app and pre-entering in that item before ingesting it, you can see IF YOU SHOULD even bother, or perhaps skip it this time.

Also, by logging all your food, you collect wonderful data so that after 2 weeks have passed, you can now take a look at what you're doing on average and see where you can make a change; a healthier change.

Eating better does NOT MEAN eating boring. You know?

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

3 comments:

  1. I need to be more under construction. I can't have any more children. I hate dieting!! I hate exercise!!! I truly need to find something I like. I have had gastric bypass. I still weight 183. Although, I started my journey at 198, I have so much more I need to accomplish and I can't wrap my mind around it. I need help :( I have absolutely no will power. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete