Friday, March 13, 2015

Want to walk and run, but have sore shins and knees

I want to walk and run. But my feet hurt. I have bad knees. I have shin splints...... So I guess I can't.

W-R-O-N-G!!!

I totally thought the same thing. I climbed on a treadmill and attempted to get 5 minutes in. FAIL!!!

But then I went to a sporting goods store and had them help me select shoes that were perfect for me. The very first time I used my new shoes, the pain was gone as was this excuse. I totally COULD walk and run. Sure I was super slow, but I wasn't hurting in my knees and shins anymore.

BIG Difference. HUGE!

There are many many MANY brands of sneakers on the market. Everyone will have an opinion as to which YOU should get.

My opinion is for you to go and get evaluated!!!! And most brands also have a "shoe advisor" on their websites, so if you are not able to get to a sneaker specialty store, try one of these.

Here is one from Brooks: https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_gb/shoefinder/

Check it out and share below if you Pronate, are Neutral, or Supinate






















Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment