Wednesday, March 25, 2015

No cheating. You're better than that.

I get asked a lot about CHEAT DAY's or CHEAT MEALS and whether I do them, or think it's okay to do them.

No cheating! I'm better than that.

Getting real here. Take yourself out of the big picture and focus on the daily goal. What do you need to do today? Just that. Serious baby steps. This is what I've been doing all along and it works for a lot of people I work with too. I don't "cheat".

That's such an icky word and concept. We get in trouble if we are caught cheating, so why is this okay when we're changing our lifestyles too? In my book it's not. I personally don't do cheat days or even cheat meals. Last time I did I suffered actually. Physically got ill and it wasn't worth it.

So today, in the now, in this moment, what do I need to do today? I need to log my food. I need to drink water. I need to get a workout in. I need to do my job. I need to get something mailed out, I need to go to the grocery store at lunch. I need to visit the beach and breathe in the ocean air. I need to listen to personal development on my commute home. I need to get to bed early. This is today.

This is A LOT.

I'm focused on today! Tomorrow I will have new focus and try to get through as well. And before you know it a week has gone by, a month, 5 years!! Because I did this, my needs and cravings changed. I'm craving bell peppers to snack on because I want the sweet and crunch. That's a million miles away from when I craved french fries, or chips. And I'll tell ya.... after I reset mind mind, the rest just fell into place. It really did! No cheating. We're better than that. We all are. I don't want to be cheated on, and I'm guessing neither do you. xoxo

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment