Saturday, September 26, 2015

Motivation Lost and Found

Help! I've lost my motivation! Sound familiar? I lost my motivation too. Here's how I found it again.

I think for me it was getting to that point of why I was doing this.

When I first lost weight it was so I could become pregnant in spite of my PCOS. Every day I logged my food on my palm pilot (dating myself here). Every day I went to water aerobics with the 80 year olds, and was all in.

Because I so desperately wanted to be a mother. I dropped 70lbs as a result. I did get pregnant and had my daughter. My first. Then I gained that 70 lbs back and then some. I had what I wanted so I didn't keep at it.

But then I got pregnant again. And it ended horrifically and tragically. Another pregnancy and that one a miscarriage. Then one last shot. Had my son. And after he was out I was a mess. High blood pressure. Tons of meds to keep me "healthy".

It hit me like a ton of bricks. What was I doing?

I wanted children more then anything. I endured so much to have them. And now I was going to stroke out?

I lacked the energy to play with them. To be the mom they deserved.

And like that, motivation returned to me. And it keeps me going. Every day!

So dig deep. Discover your why. Discover your inner fire. Why do YOU want to do this?

And chances are... you'll discover renewed motivations too.

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment