Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bitter Sweet Happy

Three of my co-workers were fired today for poor work performance. While I'm sad to see them go, as I really liked these people, I'm glad to see that work performance does matter here at my company afterall.

More bitter sweet news... I get to move back to my old Georgia/Iowa team. I loved it over there, but I get to go back now because one of the fired employees left a vacancy there.

Also mean I get to clean up the mess she's most likely left behind (hence the reason for her being fired in the first place).

I get to stay with a mini portfolio though and continue with my CORE dept. work, which I love, so all in all it's worked out for me.

I also get my old supervisor back, so no more buses to be thrown under! For that I am relieved. And I'm thrilled to be back with my old team/friends. I was mighty lonely here in Team IL.

Of course there are new knots in my stomach. Craig is meeting with the board pres. at his work right now. We don't know what about. I'm scared that they may try a lay off or salary reduction. Just scary times, with all these firings and layoffs. I hope we come out of all of this okay and just a little more focused on maintaining our job performances at peak levels.

There doesn't seem to be a lot available for new jobs, so I'm thankful that I'll be keeping mine and moving back to where I'd rather be. I pray Craig's meeting goes well and there is nothing to be stressed about.

I told Craig to call as soon as he could tell me something. Yikes!!!

All in all a good day for me, annoying that I have to pack up my desk and MOVE again, 3rd or 4th move in 2+ years... I'm losing count. Thrilled to be with my work friends again on a team/state I like to work with.

Take a deep breath! Now let it out... and repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment