Monday, October 31, 2011

Freaking Out!!! aka Getting Screwed again!

Okay, NOW I'm panicking. Craig just found out that his company lied to him when he point blank asked (4 years ago) if they paid into Unemployment. They said yes, and told him today that they in fact do not pay into that as they are exempt being a non profit religious org. Crap! Even when I was laid off from the synagogue and ran into this, I at least had a severance to live off of. He's not getting anything!!! I'm so scared!!!!!! I just don't know what we're going to do??? We're contacting our lawyer to see if we can try to squeeze something out of them. Looks like it's going to get nasty really quick.

ETA:
We're well versed in the rules of Unemployment here in US and in our state. I was laid off from a religious non profit about 4 years ago when we first went through this hassle and at that time, DH checked with his employer (also a religious non profit) and they told him he'd get unemployment if ever laid off. Now another story!!! >:(

So yeah, we're not signing ANYTHING until we seek advice from our lawyers. Ugh. Can't believe we're back here again. So pissed off, stressed out, angry, scared.... you know all the fear of what if is happening and we're not ready for it. No real safety net. Blew through that fixing the car earlier this month, and even without that, it's just not enough to cover our minimal expenses.

I just don't know what we're going to do. I can say for certain that baby making is now off the table. Most likely forever now as my time window is quickly shutting on us.

This is not the sort of Halloween scare I wanted today. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment