Friday, June 22, 2012

36 week check up: a-ok

So I had my routine check up today. Kind of boring actually, but I guess no new is good news.

My BP is 128/80 (a bit higher then my normal, but not out of the range of normal for them)

No weight gain (not surprised with the puking)

Got my cervix checked... no dilation, no progression, closed up tight. And the baby's head is down.

Did have the GSB+ swab today. Will have the official results next apt., but it doesn't much matter either way since I'm having the c-section (where you automatically get antibiotics regardless) and am in the hospital a min of 3 days anyway. But it'll still be nice to know if I am or not I guess.

I asked about the "catheter" and wanted to see if there was any way I could get the spinal first before they put it in. He said that's their standard procedure, and was surprised it didn't go down that way with my DD's c-section/delivery. He added a note to my chart to say that the spinal needs to happen first! And he advised me to "Speak UP!" no worries on that one.

Next week I start the NST checks and another OB.

His final words to me were: "Stay Pregnant, see you next week!" He's got a great sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment