Saturday, June 23, 2012

Single Mom Saturday

It's been a long day. Got Craig up at 4am so he could make his 5am shift at Lowe's. Taly was sweet and let me sleep in (7:30am!) I got up and she announced she was dry! Slept for the very first time without a pull up last night and she was beaming with pride. So I decided to make her an extra special celebratory breakfast: French Toast, Blueberry's, and Sausage Links. Now mind you, I haven't cooked in the kitchen for close to 6 months now and was not at all prepared for how hot and tired that was going to make me.

But Taly loved the breakfast, so I guess it was worth it.

Of course 20 minutes later, I was the worst mom ever because I couldn't figure out how to make the VCR work. To be fair, we don't use it that often. Her grandparents (my in-laws) sent her a huge box of VHS movies... mostly Disney. So of course she really wanted to watch!!!

After tears and yelling and apologies on both sides, me and Taly made up, and I called Craig to see if he could talk me through it.

Now it's working. She and I are having a snack, then it's back to the kitchen in 1 hour to take on lunch.

I need to get some laundry done, but my body says "No". I hope to get a second wind after this snack, cause I could easily lay down for a few hours right now.

Being a single mom on a weekend when I'm this exhausted is such a challenge. I can not wait for Craig to get home. He's off at 2pm. Just over 2 hours from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment