Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stress Testing and More Fun!

Apparently I get to have stress tests twice a week starting the end of this month.

So now I get to go every week, and then twice a week for another 45 min each time!

All this scheduling is making my head spin. I guess the stress test is something my MFM group does on all the AMA's. What fun. I didn't have this with DD.

I'm hoping to go to work until the day before my c-section, but with all these new appointments, it's going to be interesting maintaining full time.

Plus... if the stress test goes poorly, up to L&D I go! Not sure how we're going to work that all out. We have one car. I'm doing all the driving right now and DH hasn't been coming to routine appointments because of time constraints with his temping and new job.

So if I drive myself to the apt, and they don't let me leave, how am I going to get DH there? And who's going to get DD???

Okay, a friend can get DD, and DH can take a cab. But I'm thinking I really need to get those bags packed and stored in the car, just in case. More now then ever.

My prenatal's are taking about an hour now, and the stress tests are anticipated to be 30-45 min. I foresee lots of hanging around the OB waiting room in between. Boring and nothing I can do about it. I can see why so many people just take the month before the baby comes off. It's a logistic headache trying to get DD, DH, and myself to/from work and daycare with this added "to-do" list.

Look at this crazy schedule:
6/22 prenatal
6/29 prenatal, wait there for 1 hour, then stress test. 1/2 my day gone.
7/3 stress test
7/6 stress test, then right into prenatal. less of my day, but still a chunk.
7/10 stress test
7/12 have the baby!

And the scheduler was on a role, she kept trying to get me more stress tests up to my EDD. I said to her if she really wanted to hear my baby's HB after the 12th, she could just use a stethoscope, since he'll be out.

TODAY'S APT STATS:
BP 110/78
WEIGHT - Up 24 pounds total.
IRON LEVEL CHECKED - NORMAL

No comments:

Post a Comment