Thursday, January 13, 2011

60 tablets... wow!

I think I'm in so much pain because it was abdominal surgery, and outpatient surgery so the incisions are wicked tiny, but the abs still were cut and moved about. It's painful, and since outpatient, I'm not still in the hospital on IV painkillers. That being said, DH just called, and he's picked up 60 percocet tablets. That ought to help.

wwwwhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yup I'll be high as a kite and then some. Presently, having wicked dizziness and watching Bend it Like Beckham. I'm all alone at the moment, just me and the cat.

Hoping the added pain pills kick in well enough that DH can assist me in a shower. He can be my "sven" tonight.

And just off the phone, dinner is being dropped off courtesy of our synagogue. Some woman I don't even know just called and said she's bringing by dinner. Love it when the community bans together. Excellent.

Seriously, normally abdominal surgery takes 6 weeks to recover, but I should be up and running in 1-2 weeks. Much faster recovery time, but just 24 hours after surgery, it's going to sting a bit.

We think a normal person would do great on the level of pain meds I was given, but let's remember, I've been taking percocet since August from all this bothersome pain during AF and such.

Soooo I think my body just got used to the percoset, thus need a higher dose now to make an effect. Logic aside, I hope my theory is correct and soon I'll be loopy and able to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment