Monday, August 22, 2011

Why has this weekend been so hard??

What a weekend. yikes. Natalya is handling Craig being gone, by acting out, and driving me insane. I've never been so happy to see a Monday come. And I really LOVE my daughter, but it was indeed a very loooonng weekend. I need to hit the grocery store today, and don't want to have her come and act up at the store, so I think I'm going to leave work an hour before I need to get her, hit the store first.

Maybe a pizza tonight? IDK. I'm running out of the needed energy to keep up with her. lol. Quite an active soon to be 5 year old. And she keeps saying she's sorry. So what am I to do? I have to accept her apology, even though just seconds/minutes later she's doing another naughty act. Sigh.

It's a "challenge". Yeah, that's it.

Anyhow, Craig is due to come back home late tomorrow night. I can not wait. I really am missing him. And not just because Natalya has been a challenge. All I know is I have such admiration for the single mom's and the stay at home moms who are able to engage and care for their child/children solo. Why is it so hard for me? She's only 1 kid! Sometimes I think if she did have a sibling it would actually be easier. Like they could entertain themselves, and I'd just have to referee. Instead, with only one, I get to be the playmate. But when I'm exhausted, I just don't have the energy and patience to "play".

1 comment:

  1. It's tough to parent by yourself, no matter the amount of children. Hopefully the two of you make it through tonight unscathed. Tomorrow will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete