Thursday, January 29, 2015

Insulin Resistant Friendly Foods!

I seriously love this article on PCOS, Insulin Resistance and ideas for the best foods we can be eating to get some of the weight off. 

When I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2004, my nutritionist had me follow a strict diabetic diet to aid with weight loss and I had to take 4 metformins a day!

I will say I hated dieting (and the Met) but recognized I had things working against me so the dieting helped. 

Now, many years later, I am not on a diet and I'm not on metformin or any other pre-diabetic medications. So if you find following a "diet" to be overwhelming, know it's likely temporary and could help jump start your weight loss journey. 

Remember! Having PCOS means we are more prone to being obese. BUT we absolutely can lose the weight. It's possible. It's harder. So put on your game face. Let's fight and kick some PCOS A$$!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey I have read your article and that helped me to write my article about how to kill fruit flies with apple cider vinegar you must have a check on my article.

    ReplyDelete