Thursday, January 15, 2015

Which weighs more? 1 pound of Fat or 1 pound of Muscle?

One pound of muscle vs. one pound of fat; which weighs more? Neither. They both weigh one pound. However, the muscle is more DENSE and therefore takes up less space, and is often why we see inches come off when we don't see the pounds drop.

I often hear frustration from my challengers and clients when they start a program and either see the scale go UP, or not move at all. But what they all forget to do is take their measurements.

When I start a new program, I typically retain water around my muscles which explains the weight gain. Then usually around week 4-6 I see results! Inches lost, smaller sizes fitting, and sometimes, even the scale goes down. Results really do vary. Remind yourselves to be patient and keep doing good things. Your body will catch up.

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

This is what one pound of Fat and Muscle look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment