Thursday, February 12, 2015

Looks like the Fitbit rash is back!


1/2/16: UPDATE: 

NEW EVIDENCE FOUND. SWEAT COMING IN CONTACT WITH THE CHARGER MAY BE THE REASON BEHIND THESE RASHES!

Read the article from ABC13 below.
http://abc13.com/technology/possible-cause-of-fitbit-rashes-uncovered/760009/

Looks like the Fitbit Rash is back!

Do you have the old Flex or one of the new band trackers from Fitbit? Are you having the rash issue too?

I had the Fitbit flex and after a year and a half with zero issues, I suddenly started getting that rash I'd heard others having.

SO I contacted Fitbit and they told me to stop wearing it! They had me send it back and they let me swap my flex for "The One", which I'm very happy with.

I never wore mine tight. I never got it wet, and I didn't sleep with it on. It was clean too. Just happened. and no, I don't have sensitive skin either.

If you are experiencing a rash from your wrist wearing Fitbit, I'd suggest stop wearing it (seems good advice, no?) and contact Fitbit to arrange a swap or refund.

Here's an article on Yahoo Tech about the latest developments with the Fitbit rash: http://buff.ly/1EhxFHN

Now I tried to find their customer service telephone number but it seems to have disappeared off their site. Therefore, here is a link to their contact us feature. Send them an email for now and if I can dig up their phone number, I'll share it! Fitbit Contact Us Page: http://buff.ly/1EhxHiI

Update: FOUND IT!!! Fitbits toll free customer service phone number: 877-623-4997. I just checked it and at the moment it's still working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment