Monday, February 16, 2015

PCOS and "Anovulatory Cycles". What is that?

Going to get personal and share this. "Anovulatory Cycles". What is that?

When you have PCOS, you may or may NOT pop out an egg to make a baby. And if you do, good luck discovering when to "catch" that egg. Our bodies won't ovulate regularly. Our cycles can last months!! Yes MONTHS! We spend too much money on negative pregnancy tests. We buy ovulation prediction tests that tell us nothing. Only by charting my own cycles did I learn something was not right!

I wrote an article about this back in 2011 on my blog, and you all should go check it out here: http://bwarsh.blogspot.com/2011/09/pcos-what-exactly-is-it-as-seen-from-my.html

Why share this? To help understand WHAT is going on. Knowing the problem makes it easier to formulate a solution.

Back in 2004 (that's when these cycles were charted) I had no idea I had this issue/condition. I was told my cycles could regulate IF I lost weight. That part WAS true. How to lose weight was the new battle. But one I was able to take on as well.

We all CAN lose the weight. It's wicked hard. Harder for all of us with PCOS. But not impossible.

I met with a reproductive endocrinologist. She helped me get set up with a nutritionist. We cleaned house. I tried a variety of different workouts. Eventually it all clicked. I lost 70 lbs initially and in 2006 got pregnant with my daughter.

After I had her, I gained that weight back and then some. My cycles however were actually regular. As if having her reset my system. Not gonna lie, that was fantastic. But I was still big. I still had acne. I still had hairs on my chiny chin chin... I will always have PCOS. I know that now. But I won't let it win.


No comments:

Post a Comment