Friday, November 19, 2010

So work's going well

While it's fresh in my head. I'm getting a bigger raise than anticipated retro to July 2010, and will appear on my 12/15 paycheck. Yes I asked for this, and they agreed. This raise includes my annual and new position. Also, I'm getting a total of 17 sick/vacation days. Last year only had 12. So an extra week.

I'm moving teams effective Jan. 1, and have to go to team IL (Illinois), and move my cubicle/desk. :( I'm getting a smaller portfolio, only 30 properties to review (HUD Contract Administration) instead of the 67 I have presently and will be doing CORE (HUD Contract Reporting) full time now instead of 1/2 time as originally offered.

The manager in CORE will be my new direct supervisor and will be approving my time card and all of that, thank goodness.

I did ask if instead of moving to IL cubes, I could just move into the CORE office. My boss (Gen Mgr) hadn't thought of that, but now is, so for now, I move in January to the IL cube, and play it out, & I've already begun planting seeds in the CORE office, see if the CORE staff will be ok with that too.

Also planted the IT dept. seed. Just put it out there that I'm also interested in working in the IT dept. since I'm so great with computers and stuff, so at least they know there is the interest. They didn't say no, but also mentioned they were happy to know this. Our IT dept just went from 2 and 1/2 staff to 2 staff, and so I'm putting it out there that I have a strong interest in filling the other 1/2 staff position if it is deemed that a need is indeed there to bump the IT staffing back up.

So we'll see what happens.

I'm so bummed about leaving my Georgia/Iowa (GA/IA) team. I really like it over there, and IL properties are harder.

He (Gen. Mgr) doesn't want me to tell anyone either, he'll be making the announcements soon.

December I'll still be doing GA/IA and CORE 1/2 time. By Jan. 1, I'm full time CORE. :)

So that's it. Overall I'm thrilled. Sad to move my desk and all, but seeing as I'm in the CORE office 75% of my time anyway, it most likely doesn't truly matter that I'm moving my desk and joining the new team. Just really going to miss my cubicle mates. We have lots of fun joking and teasing each other. Oh well, I'll still work with everyone, as we're all still in the same building and all... :) And I'll probably make new friends in the CORE office.

No comments:

Post a Comment