Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Talk

Craig and I had "the talk" tonight. Taly fell asleep in the car on the way home, so we parked in the garage and chatted while she slept. Surreal. Anyway, he's worried about graduating from his MBA in February, finding a new and better job and hopefully moving us out of state and closer to family back west this summer. Compound all of this with the possibility of yet another pregnancy, possibly a failed PG, and or one we bring a baby home, in the summer, while we're moving cross country.

Of course none of this has happened and he's flipping out about "what if's". Yes his plan may occur, but as I told him, life just happens and you roll with it. He didn't fully agree to that statement.

He wants us to wait on TTC until he's landed the new job and this future move is over. My 37 year old brain is thinking by the time his plan plays out, it's too late. I feel that my uterus is already damaged and it may already be too late to carry another baby full term and bring home.

Then we talked about adoption, and I expressed my concerns that not great credit may be an adoption blocker for us. We also briefly discussed a surrogate.

IDK, we both agreed to table it for now. I did tell him I didn't want to go back on the BC pills, as I hate the way I feel on them. I also told him I didn't prefer to DTD with condoms. Just don't like the feel. That leaves temping for TTA. So as this cycle comes to an end, I will probably start back up with the temping so I will "sadly" know when we shouldn't be DTD.

I feel broken, and old.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you continue to face such uncertainty.

    My recommendation is to NOT wait to TTC. We were actively TTC in '06 when we made the decision to look for new jobs and get out of Utah. I was ~10w pregnant with Kate, WITH a PICC-line in my arm when Cris took the job here in Idaho. There were challenges with the move but it ended up being a fantastic decision for us.

    If you always wait for waht *might* happen in the future, you're going to miss out on so much in the present.

    Talk to him. Maybe give it a few days to let last night's conversation sink it. Maybe give it a couple of weeks.

    Good luck and lots of ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete