Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Being proactive at work...

Being proactive at work... in case we are going to be here in VT a while longer and in hopes to save my position with (my current company) in case layoffs still are a possibility... (even though presently they say we're safe)

This is a copy of an email I sent to the company's Gen. Mgr. this morning. If nothing else, showing him I am a super trooper and want to stay...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara H...
Date: Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Subject: New Team/New Team Leaders
To: Richard C...


Hi Rich,

In lieu of the possibility of CORE going away, and new states coming
on board, I was wondering if there will be, or is a need for new team
leader's? If so, I would like to express an interest in taking on that
role.

While I do love it in the CORE office, and find the work challenging
and fun, I also recognize my need to remain busy here, and
welcome the opportunity to get my hands into more cookie jars,
essentially taking on more work, and enhancing my skill base,
utilizing my existing management experience obtained from my past
positions.

I'm happy to have a conversation to discuss this possibility further.
If it turns out that we're all set with the way we are presently set
up, then I'm happy to roll up my sleeves to help with the transition
and new team that I will be joining in any capacity possible that is
useful and helpful.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,
Barbara Hammond

----------------
I suspect I will not get a reply, as that's more the common thing to happen when I contact Rich, but still, figured it couldn't hurt sending it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment