Thursday, July 7, 2011

No such thing a "Job Security"

I had a crap night, tossed and turned. Thank you stress.

I did a quick scan of open jobs in my local radius... ugh... nada! Craptastic. I know every week a new job may present itself. I don't know if we can make it with me on unemployment only. Scary times ahead. However, this seems to now be the true motivator to kick DH's butt into gear to find a new position thanks to his new MBA. Time to get serious and start looking... for real now...

He's got the better hiring potential thanks to his MBA. Maybe he can get a new job, we move, doesn't matter that my company is a sinking ship, and I get pregnant... trah la la.

Right, that is not how it works. Sigh.

Current strategy... make myself indispensable at the office. Just picked up some extra work. Show them I'm worth the work of 2-3 employees and that they can't live without me. So even though I'm newer here, (2 years this month) I'm highly valuable.

I did get promoted last year, and that may keep me safe, but as I've learned years ago, there is no such thing as job security. Even though I'm "awesome" there are people here who have been here for 15+ years. Surely their seniority weighs heavily. My only hope is to prove I'm worth keeping. May work, may not, but at least I can get a decent recommendation letter, right?

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment