Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More news on the Job Front

Job Update...

Our prez has been hustling with some re-bids, and we're 90% certain we're getting 3 more states (New York, New Jersey, and Maryland) to add to Florida, which we just got, and they're big states, at least NY is, so instead of laying off, we'll be hiring!

Actually just hired 3 people to start August 1. So that's encouraging.

Several scenarios may still have us hosed, but for now, the job is stable. That being said, the department I was promoted into is a dead duck, as the new states we're getting are states we work on in that department and the loss there is a 3/4 loss of business. SIGH.

I'll probably just get re-absorbed into the main focus of work here at my company, and probably get to keep my "raise" from that promotion. And at least I'll have a job I mostly like. I'd feel better if he said flat out that there will not be any layoffs. All he said was it appears to be stable, and looks as if we're going to be needing more help. So will just have to see how it all unfolds.

My manager in my CORE department did say that if layoffs were to occur, the would be performance based, not length of time at the company based. So if that is the criteria, I should be safe.

Knots in my tummy still huge. Think I should still keep looking for a new job? I do love it here, but don't want to be screwed this fall. Maybe I should just continue to encourage and assist Craig in getting that new MBA job and get us out of here.

So good news and bad. Get to stay on (probably) but lose my promotion responsibilities. Maybe I'll go for team leader/manager for one of the new states we're going to get. Not much in a pay increase but more work. I need to have work or I go crazy!!!

Think WINE is in order tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment