Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sailing a sinking ship!

Got some bad news at work. My company got obliterated in the annual contract bid. We lost 4 out of 5 states, and gained 1. Our CORE office (one of my departments) will still be around, but not clear who will be working in it. That means on average, the company will have to get rid of 20-25 employees. (We only have 51 employees)

My job secured until September. Lawsuits may be filed, but most likely, I'm out of a job come September. I may be safe because I'm already in the CORE department, but only 1/2 time. And I'm one of the more recent hired employees, so even though I do a good job, it may not matter.

If let go, it'd be through no fault of my own, so I'd get unemployment, but that is limited, and no extensions allowed.

Kind of freaking out, a bit of delayed shock. This was what the meeting I missed yesterday was about. So that sucks. 1) I really like my job. 2) the skills don't transfer over 3) not a large open job pool in Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment