Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Really? I mean... Really????


Having a day. Meh.  


Woke up, got the household up and moving. Puked my guts out and continued with my day.  


After much thinking I decided to call my OBs nurse and see if they can just order me some zofran. Having morning sickness develop in the 3rd trimester, well I just don't have the patience for it. 


So the nurse says I need to come in. I go. They check my BP and pee. BP 137/72. Not great but not overly concerning. However, since my BP has been teetering on the higher side they are concerned.  


So they check my pee and decide that yes I can have the zofran. She's working on the pre auth paperwork now so that hopefully I can get the blessed no more puke pills by Friday.  


Ok, great, thanks.  


What? There's more?? 


I then had to go to the lab for a surprise blood draw. I have no idea why. Oh and they want me to collect my pee for 24 hrs. Eww. And need me back at the OB office Friday.  


So because I have to fill this enormous jug with all my pee, and the jug has to be refrigerated, I decided its best to just take tomorrow off. Could you imagine the grossed out looks I'd get from my co-workers in the beak room? Lol.  


Seems like much ado just to get zofran. I know, it's all for the best. Better safe then sorry, but man what a day.  


Okay fine. I get we're looking for preeclampsia.  I don't think I have that. Honestly, I think I'm dehydrated and could probably benefit from having a few bags of saline pumped into me.  


So I'm staying home tomorrow. Figured I'd catch up on my DVRd shows. Not likely. Apparently that feature seems to have broken down and my cable provider can't figure it out. They suggest having someone out to replace the box. New box means I lose all the saved shows.  


Meh 


That was my day. At least there is Netflix and Amazon prime.  


It's all so insane I just have to laugh. Otherwise I'd cry from being so overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment