Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pregnant After A Loss, How I Got Through.

After my first loss when I got PG again, I was a wreck. Every day was stressful and worry filled. I was basically paranoid and miserable. And then that did end up in a m/c loss. So now two back to back losses and I was highly determined to give it one more shot.

My first loss came in the 2nd trimester, my 2nd loss came between 8-10 weeks.

When I got PG again (this PG) I decided it is what it is. This will be my last shot and no matter what happens, "Today I am Pregnant".

I just knew that no matter the outcome, this is the last time I'm putting myself through this. The heartache of loss is too much for me to bear over and over, so if this PG is meant to be, yay, and if not, I'm going to savor every possible moment I can.

So yeah, taking it all in one day at a time works best for me. I just think about what I need to get done today. I'm not worried about tomorrow. I try not to over plan.

I got my BFP. Yay. That day I was PG
I had a beta. Yay. high HCG. That day I was PG
I had another beta. Yay, more than doubled. That day I was PG.
I had an u/s. Yay a HB. That day I was PG.

On days that I didn't have an appointment, I had a symptom. Any symptom meant that on that day, I was PG.

Doctors order labs/tests. I go to them. take them. Hopefully pass them. On the the next hurdle. But try not to think about it. It's in the calendar. That's all. No countdown tickers to the next thing. Just focus on what I have to do "today".

This was my strategy this time. I guess finding peace with it all helped too. Since I knew this was my last time, no matter what the outcome, I was going to savor, not stress.

And now I'm in the 3rd trimester. I can see the finish line, but again, not dwelling on it. Today I am PG. Hopeful to see my son soon. Knowing I won't fully let out a sigh of relief until I hold him and hear his cries.

So take it all in one day at a time and remind yourself often that "Today you are pregnant".

No comments:

Post a Comment