Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Kid, My Name Choice!

My mother keeps pressing me to reveal the name we chose for the baby. I got tired of her asking so told her we've narrowed the field but not officially chosen it yet.

She then asked whom I was naming him after? I told him he was getting a Hebrew middle name to honor the memory of DH's aunt, and his English middle name is the same as DH's and FIL. A passed down family name. And that the first name was just a name we both liked that went well with DD's.

She got really upset that I wouldn't use the first name to honor a dead relative and then she really pushed hard I should name the baby after her Uncle Abe.

Uncle Abe had two granddaughters. One is already married with one child and the other will also probably get married soon and begin to have kids. They are both much younger than me and have many years ahead of them to have more kids. He was their grandfather. I'm sure his name will be carried on through them.

This didn't make her feel better and she actually cried and said I wasn't being reasonable.

Excuse me... this is MY child. Give me a break.

So that's the reason I'm just keeping this name to myself until he's born. I can't handle all this "guilt tripping" to sway my decision. Because honestly, it is MY decision (not my mothers!!)

I'm over all the "grand-mama drama", you know??

No comments:

Post a Comment