Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today's 28w OB Apt - Some Notes...

So I had my OB apt this morning and brought up the questions about what possible complications could develop from having an Anterior Placenta and having a c-section delivery.

In most cases, it's not a big deal. Especially for a FTM that's never had any uterus scarring prior. So for the majority, just sit back and relax.

I didn't ask about the back labor because in my case, I won't be going into labor.

I had a scheduled c-section with DD due to her being frank breech. Then I had another uterus surgery in 2011 to get some masses removed from my uterus. So 2 uterus surgeries over the past 5 years, one of them in this past year.

So in my case... I have to have a c-section. It's medically required. I also have anterior placenta. At this time there is no way to tell where the placenta is in relation to the scars on my uterus which are now being stretched out further.

At my 20w u/s it didn't appear to be an issue, as no additional notes were taken regarding any of this.

At around 34w he will want to do another u/s and they will try to get a better look at the placenta location vs. my scars. IF they can see anything that is. Baby may just be too big and in the way to see.

So, when I have the c-section, most likely it'll be non eventful. However, if there is an issue and the placenta is attached funny and won't come out on it's own, I'll have to have a hysterectomy. If I begin to bleed out because the placenta is in the way and a scar tears, I'll have to have a hysterectomy and possible blood transfusion.

These are all worst case scenarios. But for me, I want to be prepared for all possible outcomes and hope for the best scenario.

But it's kind of an eye opener and talk about a possible game ending pregnancy.

As for the general OB apt....

I'm up 17 pounds total. Not great, but not terrible either. I just have to continue to be careful. I see more salads in my future, less ice cream.

My blood pressure is back down... 132/72 today, so that's a huge improvement. Therefore we're continuing to monitor, but won't need to go on BP meds at this time.

Heard Hiccup's HB, and it was strong and fast. But I didn't get the BPM this time. Always nice to hear him though.

Next apt in 3 weeks, not 2. That was a surprise, but also made me happy. Kind of get to hang on to the PG a little longer and it doesn't quite feel like it's the beginning of the end just yet for me. I'll have two apts 3 weeks apart, then back every 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment