Sunday, September 14, 2014

NOT MY FAULT! But it kind of was......

I've been so full of excuses for so long. I became obese because of medication. I became obese because of PCOS. I became obese because I had x,y,z condition. NOT MY FAULT.

But it kind of was my fault.

I ate horribly. I never exercised. I could barely walk to the end of my street (only 3 houses by the way).

Yes I had PCOS. Yes it was going to be harder for me to lose weight and keep it off.

In 2004, when I was diagnosed, I was told I'd never have kids. Well, I refused to accept that, and got to work. I joined a gym. I did water aerobics. I lost 70 lbs!! And guess what? I got pregnant!

After my daughter was born I gained all those 70 lbs back, but then I couldn't lose because I was nursing her. Besides, my family was heavy, so it's genetics. NOT MY FAULT!

But it kind of was my fault.

I continued to gain. I worked a full time job. I had to do errands and chores on the weekend. I never had time to workout. I ate out a lot. It was too time consuming to cook and meal plan. And exercise? Really there just was no time. NOT MY FAULT!

But it kind of was my fault.

Professional Excuse Maker!!!!!!!!!!!

After my son was born in 2012 my blood pressure was very high. I'd never had high blood pressure before. I'd always been healthy. Just heavy. A happy fluffy girl. But now I was at risk for a heart attack or a stroke.

I wouldn't accept this. Enough was enough. Yes..... I'd said this many times before. After all, I did manage to lose 70 lbs to get healthy enough to have my daughter. But now it was time. No, this time I meant it.

I got a lot of head pats and eye rolls from all who knew me. I've made this proclamation before.

But I did mean it. I bought a pedometer. Nothing fancy, but it was a start. I joined my fitness pal. Seemed simple enough. And I began my journey. And slowly, the weight came off. SLOWLY!!! And the thing is... because it came off slow, it's stayed off.

Now I'm down 130+ lbs from where I was from that first official weigh in when I set up my fitness pal, at 288 lbs. I'm positive I weighed more. I just never wanted to really know, so I never weighed myself.

The thing is... I still have x,y,z condition, and I still have PCOS. They are chronic and won't ever go away. I still have the same genetics too. But I can use them as an excuse, or i can work harder to beat them. I chose to work harder. I'm DONE with excuses.


Before


During



Now!

Can't wait to see "Tomorrow"!

Need a coach? Consider me! Sign up for FREE here: bit.ly/FreeCoachBwarsh

No comments:

Post a Comment