Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Helpful Links; Calorie Burn Calculators and More

Sharing some of my favorite "Helpful" links. I used these quite a bit back in 2012, and they're still great today. When I first started out with exercise, I discovered I could get calorie burning credit for a lot of the stuff I was already doing. Move more meant eat more. I could get on board with that.

I had a basic pedometer. Showed my steps each day. Didn't show much else. So I found these sites great because I could convert my steps to miles and also figure out my calorie burn based off my steps. AND there was even one that would figure out my stride based on my height. Cool!

I also loved the Calorie Burn Calculators. I got calorie burning credit for standing!! Seriously awesome. So check them out and maybe play with the exercise log database in myfitnesspal. You can even make your own exercises and save them.

Walking Calculator Steps to Miles:


These are great if your pedometer shows you your mileage. Approximately 2000 steps = 1 mile.
Want to be more exact, this link figures out how many steps to a mile based on your actual height! http://walking.about.com/od/pedometer1/a/steps-per-mile.htm

The Calorie Burn Calculator:

These allow you to choose the activity (pretty extensive lists actually), enter the length of time and your weight and it calculates out how many calories you burned.

Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment