Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Snack Time!

Q: What are some good snacks ideas???

A: I get asked this A LOT! I decided to jot down some of my standard go-to snacks.


This is assuming you don't have any dietary issues/allergies; these are some of my favorite low cal high protein snacks. (high protein keeps me fuller longer, and low cal keeps my goals on track).

Hard Boiled Eggs 4-7g protein depending on if you have with the yoke or not (with yoke 70 calories, without yoke 17 calories)

Cheese Stick 80 calories 7g protein

Low Sodium Deli Turkey 60 calories per 2 oz, 9g protein

veggies in hummus (not a lot of protein per serving, but savory, and satisfying), 60 calories per tbsp but 1-2g protein

Half a small avocado topped with black beans and salsa

Apple with almond butter

Greek Yogurt (I prefer the fat free kind for easier digestion for me), 12g protein!

Fat free or low fat cottage cheese 13g protein per half cup and only 80 cal

Tuna canned in Light water, is 100 calories per serving and comes in at 22g protein.


Follow me on my Facebook page: fb.com/UnderConstructionWithBwarsh 
Join my Ladies MFP Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyFitnessPalLadies.


No comments:

Post a Comment