Tuesday, December 7, 2010

SIS Update - not great news

My news isn't so great. I had my "fluid" test today, and the recommendation is hysterectomy, sooner than later, but the when is up to me and how much pain I can endure.

Meaning, my periods are going to stay nasty and continue to get progressively worse each month. She (my OB) gave me more percocet, and will be following up with me Thur after she reviews my diagnosis with the other experts at the practice.

The good news, we're ok to try and conceive immediately, and it was her recommendation to do so. (However, my husband really wanted to hold off, and now that needs to be re-addressed) Then after the PG ends, take the uterus at that point. So the news is bitter sweet. The mass in my uterus is getting bigger and moving into a less then ideal location. Thus my clock is truly running out.

So that's where we are. Now my husband and I need to re-group and decide what to do.

I'm still numb, but feeling pretty sad about all of this. I'm sure as the week progresses, the reality of it all will sink in. I'm hoping the news doesn't get worse on Thur. Just have to wait it out. I'm not due to ovulate for another 8-10 days, so hopefully DH and I can "talk" before then, and both be on the same page.

He didn't say much on the way home, seemed upset though.

No comments:

Post a Comment