Thursday, October 14, 2010

Coping. Small Steps

When I first lost the baby, I vegged out and watched DVR'd sitcom re-runs. I took a lot of time off work, and did finally get myself to a therapist. I feel a little better with each day, but it's lots of small steps, you know?

The gym is a great outlet. I also started reading junk books. You know, titles like Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Being busy at my work, once I did go back also helps. Keeps my brain occupied. And still I feel choked up at times.

I'm so thankful/grateful for the promotion. The timing is perfect for me. Will help keep me a busy worker bee, which is really welcome right now.

I want to and need to cry, let it all out. So I made sure to DVR/Netflix some movies gtd. to bring on the waterworks.

I also re-visited my 1st losses memorial, and re-listened to the music we played. I find music very healing. I remember when putting the memorial together, the task of selecting the music and figuring out what we were going to do/say or not say was very therapeutic for me as well, and helped give me the closure I needed. We did the memorial for her on the 1 year anniversary of the D&E.

No comments:

Post a Comment