Thursday, October 14, 2010

More work please!

Today has been interesting. Good interesting. I was working at my desk when my GM instant messaged me that he wanted me to come and chat with him. I got kind of freaked out, thought the repremand was surely coming.

.....not coming to the staff meeting, late into work, leaving early, working PT when we hired you for FT....

Turned out he wanted to check in with me and see how I am feeling emotionally and physically. Then he apologized to me for being late with my annual performance review and explained I should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. (It was due Aug. 1).

Then he added that he's been very pleased with my work, and how quickly I get things done. That I'm the fasted and most accurate Analyst he has on staff. He noticed that at the end of the month since I'm always done with my work early I tend to have much too much free time on my hands... twiddling my thumbs... and/or I'm desperately looking for something to do.

So he offered me a promotion. YES! A promotion. Now I'm going to be learning a new job in addition to the one I'm already doing, adding to my skill set and resume padding. Yes, I am one that does care about that stuff.

Turns out he wanted to offer me the promotion back in the beginning of Sept., but for obvious reasons he had to wait, and then wasn't certain if I'd still be willing/wanting to take it in lieu of all that's happend. But after monitoring my workflow this month, and seeing that even at Part Time, I'm still the fastest producer in the office, he felt I was mentally up for the task.

Guess I can now expect my evaluation aka performance review to be favorable.

Also, my performance review comes with a 3% raise and the promotion comes with an even higher salary increase on top of the annual raise, so extra money will begin to come in, which is also very good seeing as I've been out and PT for a couple month's now with no pay for no work.

He's astonished that this month, my first month back I'm still basically done with my work, yet again early, and this time I did it working 1/2 the time.

So YAY!

I can't really tell anyone here until he makes the official announcement, but I'm just bursting. Here I'm expecting to get the official "axe" and instead it's quite happily the opposite.

I'm actually quite grateful for more work. I find having all this work to do really keeps my mind from wandering to that dark place of depression and sadness, and since I can't TTC maybe this will be a welcome distraction.

...... oh and we just picked up DD's new bike at lunch, so there's that too!!! .....

No comments:

Post a Comment