Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Feeling Picked On and Pissed Off

I'm having one of those crap days. My DD is still sick, some mysterious high fever that only appears in the evening. What is that???

She lost or threw out her "bear" lovie, and we have searched high and low, even in the dumpster in the pouring rain looking for it. She kept telling us it was here, it was there, it was everywhere, but the truth is she just doesn't know. It's a puzzle, cause if bear didn't get tossed, then where the heck is it?? Bear is gone.

Now I'm getting crap on FB for having the nerve to complain, vent about it, and apparently the problem is mine, not hers. Excuse me, but I know my DD loves that bear more than anything and when it comes time for bed she's going to freak out! I gave her a replacement "bear" but it's not the same color, age, smell, etc. I loved her bond with that lovie, and maybe I am more upset from the loss of the sentiment, but still, be gentle with me, hunh? I'm a bit more emotional these days.

Oh, and then when I snuck into my room for a moment she pee'd on my new sofa, then blamed me!! Said it was my fault for not putting her in a pull up. That made me see red. Not only was it not my fault, she was continuing to LIE to me about it. She said she fell asleep and because I didn't give her a pull up to wear, that's why she pee'd. But she didn't fall asleep. She was just too busy to be bothered. I had to cancel my therapy apt today, and also NOT go into work to stay home with this sick kid.

Now she still has this fever, and won't go to pre-k again tomorrow. I asked DH to stay with her in the AM and I'd switch with him at lunch just so I can get 3 hours at the office!

I'm a wreck, and am seriously excited for her to just go to bed so I can get a break! My back, neck, and head are killing me. I'm so tired I can't think straight. I know she's cranky 'cause she's sick, but I'm so angry that she's lying and that she just "tossed" her bear away.

The more she goes on, the more angry DH is getting too. We both feel manipulated and tricked and we're doing all this because we love her so much, and both feel that we're being spit on.

I should just have a swift drink and go to bed, let Dh deal with her the rest of the night, but I know I won't/can't. I know I'll be right back in this in the next 10 min.

SIGH.

I guess I probably should have gone to therapy today afterall. I've rescheduled for Thu. Should be interesting to see if I actually make it.

This week not going well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment