Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Can't keep a secret!

Okay, I'm really cautious and beging very careful choosing my words, etc. Last night, there was a committee meeting at my home, and while walking the folks out we were chatting about our new and larger home. I made a comment and it was taken out of context...
P.S. Last night when I was leaving your lovely new home, Barbara and I were talking about apartments and she mentioned that Quarry Hill (where my son is moving to) wasn't large enough for your expanding family. I didn't think anything of it then, but now.... is she referring to a new baby by any chance????Or am I just making this up?

Here's the deal... it's no secret that we've been trying. Figured my comment only implied that we want to expand the family, not that we already have.

When Craig shared this note with me I cried! He said I had a big mouth, but was only teasing me.

I'm super hormonal. I felt like I was being attacked, that I purposely told her, hey, well, we're PG now. Seriously, I turned down the smaller apt, long before we even conceived this bean!

I explained my hormone overload, and Craig doesn't fully get it. Pregnant woman are highly emotional women with raging hormones. He thinks my hormonones are bad when I'm on my period?!?!?

So I'm now torn, should we just announce this already?? If we have a loss, maybe more support?? Or will I jinx it all? I know if this is going to happen, nothing I "say" will make any difference to the outcome.

Also, can I say I am not moving forward?? I feel stuck. Having my EDD moved back 4 days, seems like an eternity.

My March Due Date group is so far ahead of me. Even mom's at exactly 6 weeks today are seeing HB on their u/s and I went in at 6w2d and saw nothing!

Joined the April Due Date group too, and feel closer to them via milestones.

I am lost.

At least I found a "Fluffy Mom's" group. Can at least get tips where to get momma plus size maternity clothes, 'cause I'm going to be wicked huge!

Anyhoo, I'm okay, really, just emotional today, and feeling stalled out. I'm sick of looking at my 6 week ticker. I'm ready to see it move on! I feel like I've been 6 weeks PG for 2 weeks now!!

ETA: My payroll lady at worked tracked me down 'cause I "didn't fill out my vacation time card correctly", but found me in the lunch room, and stated "I figured you'd be in here with the food". WTH? My HR manager knows, but does payroll too? Why would she say that... taking it like... "oh the PG lady at the buffett, of course!"

God I'm either hyper sensitive, or EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Barbara, don't read so much into what people say. If they already think they've figured it out, then let them wonder for a while. Let everyone know when you're good and ready to! Don't let them determine when you tell the news. Or if you don't want to hear rumors flying around the office, then you could do a preemptive strike and come out with it if you wanted. Either way you're going to have support from those closest to you (and us on the boards!).

    I think joining the April boards was a good idea too! Who cares what board you belong to anyway, March, April, December, whatever! It's about support and community, not when you are due.

    Hang in there! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete