Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scary Day

Another FUN day. I spent today in the ER. This morning around 10am I had severe abdominal pain, so much so I had to get to the ER. I hate going to the ER but I was screaming I was in so much pain. I was all alone at the house and had to call my husband to come get me. The short ride to the ER seemed like an eternity. Luckily the wait to be seen was short. Best time to go to the ER if you ever have to go is in the morning. No lines.

While there, I got an IV, saline drip, and morphine. I was seen by the reg. ER doc, several nurses, an u/s tech, a couple of med. students, and even my OB-GYN. They drew blood (HCG now down to 36), did an u/s and saw stuff. FYI, shouldn't be seeing stuff. The "stuff" apparently is the cause for my pain. And there isn't much they can do for it.

I'm back from the ER now. Was there from 11am - 6pm. My D&C had some complications, and there is a bruise/bad bleed, as well as leftover baby stuff. Fingers crossed it's not turning into an infection, but I am going to be in a lot of pain for a bit longer. Great! I'm on morphine (which is making me itchy) today and have percoset too. My OB/wants me home for a week more at least. And I get to have yet another ultra sound Thursday to see if I'm getting better or worse. I may have to have a 2nd D&C. My OB said she's never seen a case like me before. So I feel terrible, and emotionally drained.

Now here's some fun bits... we got home and I went to take a percost and noticed it had tylenol in it. However, my OB didn't want me on tylenol as she's concerned the tylenol I've been taking may be masking fever, and indicator of infection, so now my husband is off to the hospital again to get a corrected prescription, and get it filled, and my daughter is still at my friends home waiting to be picked up. My poor husband has been running all over today. He had to come get me, then leave me at the hospital to pick up my daughter from daycare, take her to my friends home, come back to the hospital, bring me home, now he's back to the hospital, and still needs to get my daughter. It's been a long day, and I know he's just exhausted.

I know a lot of you have been worried about me, so I just wanted to update everyone. Best case scenario at this point is this is a bruise only, a "hematoma" and will resolve on it's own. We really don't want another D&C, and are doing everything we can to hopefully be able to TTC again. If this goes bad, could effect chances of future pregnancies. Trying not to think about that right now. Too scary.

So I'm rambling thanks to these pills, and need to try and get some rest. Can use all the T & P you can put out there for me.

Thanks everyone for holding my hand.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Barbara, I am so sorry to hear that things are still rocky for you right now! I know how badly you want to put this behind you and look forward to TTC again.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you still in hopes that you will heal quickly and that you are able to take home a second healthy baby one day soon!

    ReplyDelete