Thursday, August 5, 2010

Something's FINALLY happening!

Being proactive, I called my OB Nurse contact, Shelia to see about getting some zofran called in before my health insurance switches from VHAP to MVP. (MVP I pay 50% of medications, VHAP I pay $1).

I got a call back from Micky (my OB-RN with my other 2 pregnancies). She was thrilled I was PG again, and surprised I haven't had my "1st" OB apt yet. I explained that I didn't think the RE wanted to release me to OB yet, and how frustraitied I was, especially since I didn't work with the RE's to get PG this time.

I told her about my 3 blood draws, and 1 u/s, and told her my LMP puts me around 7 weeks now, but since the 1st u/s only showed 2 sacks and no HB, he dated me back to 5w5d, and put me about a week behind my LMP. I also told her about my 2nd u/s on the 13th.

She wondered if I was planning to do the NT scan again, and I told her I thought it was a good idea since last time that's the scan we found out about the cyctic hygroma (aka the nuchal fold measuring at 8... 3 or less is normal).

She got pretty mad that I wasn't getting in for the 1st OB and was concerned that I may be too late to get the NT scan if I waited much longer.

SO

She's doing some juggling and will be calling me back by tomorrow with my 1st OB apt. Proabably will be Mid August!

AND

She's working with the pre-auth dept. to get my VHAP to cover the zofran, so I'll be good to go. I should (if no more red tape) be able to get the zofran in the next day or so, and she's ordering 3 a day, so should be able to get through the rest of this trimester without too much more issue.

I'm SO HAPPY that things are finally moving. Guess I just needed to take matters into my own hands!

you know I ought to know better by now.........

No comments:

Post a Comment