Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spill'd the beans... sort of

My co-worker guessed! She's got baby on the brain in lieu of her daughter's BFP today. She starts in on how it's in the water, Myles wife, now her daughter, it's my turn next. I just smiled on my way to the break room for ... yes... more food.

She followed me in. She said... you are pg aren't you. I shrugged and smiled. She got VERY excited... you ARE pg! How far along are you, and more similar questions. I relented and told her VERY quietly that I'm roughly 8 weeks. and that we ARE NOT telling until I get through the NT scan. She understood and swore to keep it a secret.

So if it get's out, it get's out. She told me she noticed I've been eating a lot more lately, and going to the bathroom more frequently too. (kind of a camel here, not a big pee'er)

I told her we actually have a viabiltiy scan tomorrow. If it's all good (we see a HB and some life) I'll be back to work after lunch. If it's bad, I won't be back.

That's the official "code" now.

So now that she knows, I kind of feel good about it. And it's fun keeping a secret and talking in code again. I know everyone is going to be happy and supportive once we do officially tell. Just a few more weeks to go...

If my baby belly doesn't give it away sooner... I really can't hide this much longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment