Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When Ulcer's Attack

So I'm having an ulcer attack today. Great. I just checked my bag, no Asacol on hand. I really need to start bringing it again. I hate going to the bathroom and seeing tissue/goo/gunk and now bloody bits in the toilet. It's kind of freaky. It's absolutely the ulcer and not the PG, but I wonder if the PG is triggering the attack. I tell you seeing the bloody bits in the toilet, it's easy to jump to miscarriage, however, the pain in my tummy is more familiar, and there is no blood coming from my vaginal canal.

So I feel gernearlly blah, and my tummy and tush both hurt. Wish I could use a heating pad. I can't so maybe some hot tea instead. :(

Ok, pitty party commence.

***ETA (Update)***

Well my OB called me back. We both agree, probably not a miscarriage but an ulcer attack. Guess I have to step up my ulcer meds for a while. I've been getting away with 8 pills a day, but will be going back up to 12 a day. If that doesn't work I have to go streoid or enema. Yuck to both of those.

The good news is she gave me the ok to use a heating pad when I get home. Said I was still early enough in the PG that that would be ok. If it get's significantly worse, i should head to the ER, but most likely the added pills tonight will tame it.

I'm still on for the u/s on Friday. Hoping we make it!

I wonder if the added zofran is causing an ulcer reation? I'd still rather the ulcer attack over the constant puking. I guess it's the lesser of two evils. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment