Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1st OB apt today

Back from the OB apt. Where to start. We had a great conversation. And the Dr. validated my concerns and said there is a real possibility we're heading down the road to miscarriage. That being said, no way to know that now, so we're going back on the 27th of this month for another u/s. We both agreed this is the way we want to progress. This will be the 3rd viability scan, and hopefully dating will still be on the new track. This scan should show us if we're still progressing, or if the pregnancy is now over. Of course if I begin to bleed or whatever sooner, then will go in before the scheduled scan on the 27th.

So back to waiting.

She also did a full exam, and said that my cervix is high, firm, closed, blue, and no signs of bleeding. That indeed it looks like a pregnant cervix. Also, my uterus is about the size it should be for someone 7 weeks pregnant.

I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I think the news that my suspicions are valid and factually based was upsetting to Craig, as until this point he believed I was nuts, and clearly the doctors know what they were talking about.

However this time the doctor listened to my concerns, and agreed it's odd to be this far behind unless we have a slow grower, all the rare things happened with us this time and put us where we are today, or we are going to lose this one.

So we'll see. I still feel pregnant, and that's encouraging too. Will have to wait until the 27th to see more, unless we lose the pregnancy before then.

It's not over until it's over.

Next up...
3rd u/s on Friday August 27
Will schedule the NT scan after that apt if things look promising, and will have the lab work done that day too

2nd OB apt scheduled for 9/21

No comments:

Post a Comment